Friday, February 21, 2020

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Comments and Feedback 

Overall, the feedback I have received has been useful. Although, I have not really implemented much of it, unless it is from Professor Gibb's. Sometimes the feedback on one story does help give me inspiration for my future stories. Whether this is just tips from other students or the fact they really appreciated the way I did something.

I feel like the feedback I give is often dependent on my opinion of the story. If I think it is really good I will give it high praise and even tips on how to make it better. If it is not very good, poorly written, or just formatted well I am not afraid to point these issues out at times, but also let them know what aspects of the story were good. It is the stories that are just average that I think that are hard to give good feedback. I really enjoyed the "Let's pretend" exercise, but I have not used it since. I think I will give it another try soon!

I do not really think I have gotten to know anybody on a personal level through their blog comments. However, I do think reading other people's comments on other blogs has helped me to better understand what the audience (our class) is looking for.

In the future, I want to be able to give adequate feedback to stories of all shapes and sizes. I also hope to better implement the feedback strategies we learned earlier in the semester. I also hope to use the feedback I receive to improve my stories and writing style.


I chose this image because it gives such a great reminder of what feedback should look like. Also, I appreciate a good puzzle. This image integrates both!

No comments:

Post a Comment