Friday, February 21, 2020

Week 8 Reading and Writing

Reading and Writing

I have really enjoyed reading and writing for this class. It has given me an outlet for creativity I have not used in a while. As an accounting major we are not always considered the most creative. When reading the stories I like to find a story that I really enjoyed reading and focus on a certain theme throughout. This theme could be the meaning of the story, repetitive words, the characters, or even just the setting. Then I will use this one particular theme (although the story probably has multiple) as the basis for my retelling of the story.

Maybe my favorite story to write was my Week 5 Story: David. I basically took one or two lines from the original story and wrote a background story for those lines. I have always enjoyed historical-fiction and this gave me an outlet to test these waters.

Regarding my Robin Hood storybook, I do not think I am far enough along to really know for sure how it is going to turn out and whether or not I like the website layout. But the first story was really fun to write and I especially appreciate Professor Gibb's feedback. Her wonderful insight really helped me to revise the story. I look forward to writing more stories in my Robin Hood/Indiana Jones mashup.

Overall, reading and writing has been incredible fun! This is maybe one of the most fun classes I have taken at OU and I really enjoy the flexibility of it all. If I am working ahead and suddenly do not feel like I am in a creative mood - I can easily take a little break from the class.

(Read and Write: Photo by Jenny Brown)

No comments:

Post a Comment