Sunday, January 5, 2020

Storybook Favorites

#1: Tarzan and Jane's School for Feral Children

This storybook caught my attention because stories about feral children always interested me as a kid. I guess I thought it would be cool to be raised by wolves or gorillas. Looking back I am glad I was raised by human parents, but this topic still interests me. I thought the way these feral children were integrated into Tarzan and Jane's school was a very unique idea. The introduction did a fantastic job of introducing Tarzan and Jane, as well as their goals for the school. The way the website was laid out made it easy to follow the story. Also, I appreciated the "Author's Notes" tab which gave background on the characters and their original stories.

#2: Alexa, How do I Get to Canterbury?

This storybook caught my attention because of the word "Alexa" in the title. In my mind, Alexa (Amazon Echo) is very modern and Canterbury is the old and proper place. So I thought this made for a unique cultural clash. I also enjoyed how the stories were set up as a "competition", I am a very competitive person so this fed my interests. All of the stories were written in poems which I think would be difficult, so you can tell the author put in a lot of work. Overall, the layout and the storybook was fantastic!

#3: Discovering the Lost

I found this storybook interesting because it seems like a reasonable story a young boy would create in one of his dreams. Plus any story that involves Bigfoot has to be good, right? The use of both Bigfoot and Chiron the Centaur is a big cultural clash, however, the author did a great job integrating the two mythological characters along with the boys. The layout of the website was smooth and I found the titles of each tab to be especially accurate, but at the same time mysterious and adventurous.



No comments:

Post a Comment