Sunday, January 5, 2020

Time Strategies

Time is something that is very limited, especially as a college student. I actually have more "free" time this semester than normal, but I hope to use it well. Reading and learning about time management will help us not only with school but with life and life after school.


(Time is Running Out: Photo by Nathan Bunney)

The two articles I chose to read were Eat the Frog First Thing in the Morning by Thomas Oppong, and Realistic Study Plans by Amanda Collins. These articles were both very informative. I feel like I definitely struggle with things I do not want to do. A lot of times I will tell myself I'll do them later and then just put it off for another day, week, month, or year. But if I would just do it first thing in the morning I would not have to worry about it any more. I skimmed through some other articles too, and a common theme seemed to be say "NO". This is something I sometimes struggle with too, whether it's because I don't want to feel left out or just didn't realize I double-booked myself. Sometimes this has a snowball effect and nothing actually gets done. I do think setting realistic expectations for your time is also important. If it's unrealistic it becomes a burden, but if it's realistic it becomes a goal.

Overall, I think time management is important in all aspects of life and I look forward to implementing these new techniques and tools to better manage my time.


No comments:

Post a Comment