Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Week 2: Feedback Thoughts

Article #1: Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head 

Focusing on negative feedback is something I am prone to do. Whether it be at work or in school I could do 95% of something right, but I tend to focus on the 5% I did incorrectly. This has a tendency to frustrate me and I focus on this more than I should. I do not think I have ever let it get to me quite as much as it got to Rajeev, but this focus on negative feedback has definitely impacted my productivity in the past. The quote from the article, "Believe the positive, and act as if it were true." Is something in which I can relate. Many times when people say positive things to me I often think to myself that they are just saying that to be nice. Maybe these thoughts are true. But either way if I just believe that the positive feedback has no ulterior motive, I will be better off in the long run. This would also hopefully be more positive towards others.

Article #2: Why rejections hurts so much 

Rejection is hard. Being rejected is not a good feeling at all. But we oftentimes do not do ourselves any favors after being rejected. The article talks about rejection and how much of the damage after rejection is self-inflicted. I can relate. Oftentimes after being rejected in some capacity I tend to just curl up in a ball and let life pass by until I am over it. This is probably not the best solution. I always tend to chastise myself for what I did wrong - which is exactly what the article says not to do. Instead the article says we should focus on things we are good at and positive feedback we have received. And instead of dreading not being able to hangout with the friends who rejected you - spend time with those who actually care about you and enjoy being around with you. I look forward to taking this advice the next time I am rejected - no matter the circumstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment