Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Week 2: Microfiction - The Three Roses

The Three Roses: Dribble 

Once upon a time there were three roses. The price of the three roses was a young girl named Mary. At first Mary served - then she severed. What had once been a serpent became a young man. The servants danced through the halls like roses as Mary was wed.

The Three Roses: 6 Words 

Mary marries the basilisk with merry.

Basilisk by Friedrich Johann Justin Bertuch (1747-1822).

*Author's Note: I chose "The Three Roses" from the Anthology reading to use for these microfiction stories. I chose the 50-word one because I feel like a lot of times my thoughts are in 100-words so I wanted to challenge myself. And I chose the 6-word story because I thought it would be cool to have a play on words with Mary. 


Bibliography. "The Three Roses" from The Key of Gold by Josef Baudis. Web Source. 

No comments:

Post a Comment